Creating Users and Groups
UsersLink to this section
- Navigate to Setup > Users.
- Click +New.
- In the User Information panel, enter a username (required).
- In the Password field, enter a password (between 16 and 64 characters).
- This field isn't present if your school has set up a Single Sign-On (SSO) solution.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Phone, and Email as appropriate.
- In the Restrictions panel, choose the appropriate user level from the User Level dropdown menu.
- If this user requires approval for publishing pages, select the user they should report to from the Approver dropdown menu and select the Enforce Approver checkbox as appropriate.
- If this user should have a custom toolbar assigned, select the appropriate option from the Toolbar dropdown.
- Select Allow... field checkboxes as appropriate to enable additional permissions.
- In the Preferences panel, select the Add to Dictionary checkbox if appropriate.
- If your school is using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), in the LDAP Configuration panel enter the type of LDAP authentication, the hostname for LDAP, and the user's unique LDAP identifier (DN).
- In the New User Options panel, from the Assign to Groups list, choose the group(s) you'd like this user to belong to.
- If you entered an email for this user, select the checkbox next to Send Welcome Message as appropriate.
- If you selected Send Welcome Message, select the checkbox next to Send Password in Welcome Message as well as enter custom text into the Additional Message to User field as appropriate.
- Click Create.
If your school is using a Single Sign-On (SSO) solution, then each username must exactly match the corresponding username within your SSO system.
GroupsLink to this section
In Omni CMS, you can restrict access to content (for example, web pages, sections, assets, snippets, components) by assigning access to a specific group of users. These groups need to be created before access is assigned.
- Navigate to Setup > Groups.
- Click +New.
- In the New Group box, enter a group name into the Name field.
- From the Available Users list, choose the selection box next to the users you'd like to add to this group.
- Click Save.