Enable the calendar module for your site(s)Link to this section
After you have purchased the calendar module you can enable it for your site(s). Level 10 administrators,
- Go to Setup > Sites > Optional Features.
- Select the checkbox for Calendar Module.
- Click Configure.
- Select the checkboxes to
- show event locations and/or event organizers on your public calendar and,
- allow content editors to add or delete locations and/or organizers.
- In the Calendar Configuration box, click Save.
- In the Site Settings page, click Save.
You can enable the calendar module individually for each site. Or create calendars in one site and embed them in all sites in your account.
Set up your calendar moduleLink to this section
Find your main site calendar as an add-on in the Main menu. Levels 9 and 10 administrators, determine the appearance settings for your public events page.
These settings are global; they apply to all instances of your public events page.
- Go to Add-Ons > Calendar > Settings.
- Type to enter the title for your public events page.
- Type to enter the subtitle for your pubic events page.
- Set the time zone for the events on your public events page.
- Choose an image to display in the header of your public events page.
- Type to enter a short written description (alt text) of the header image.
- In the dropdown, select the font to use on your public events page.
- Select whether your page shows public events as a list or a grid for its default view.
- Choose the theme color for your public events page.
- Enter a Google Maps API key to allow maps to be shown on event details pages.
- You can show or hide maps for each location in Add-Ons > Calendar > Attributes.
- Select to enable tracking of the visitors to your public event details page, for use in Personalization.
- Click Save.
Create and manage calendarsLink to this section
Administrators will create individual calendars and grant access and approval rights to user groups. You can create as many individual calendars as you need. Create individual calendars as follows:
- Go to Add-Ons > Calendar > Overview.
- In the Event Calendar panel, go to Calendars and click +New.
- Type to enter calendar name.
- Click Enter.
Choose or create the group that can see and approve events for that calendar. Level 9 and 10 administrators have access and approval rights to all calendars.
- Click the More Actions menu for the calendar.
- In the dropdown, select the group that can access the calendar.
- In the dropdown, select the group that can publish events to the calendar.
- Approval settings are independent of workflow and apply to this calendar only.
- Click to change the color label for this calendar.
- Click Save.
To rename the calendar, go to the More Actions menu and click Edit . Click Delete to remove the individual calendar and it's events from Omni CMS and the public events page.