VisitorsLink to this section
All users can see visitor data and use it to optimize your website based on analytics. There are two views of visitor data: the list view and the visitor activity view.
The list view shows you visitor data based on sessions, or the period of time a visitor is active on your website. A session is defined as 30 minutes, so if a visitor is inactive for 30 minutes or more, any future activity is attributed to a new session. Visitors that leave your website and return within 30 minutes are counted as part of the original session.
Go to Content > Personalization > Visitors to see the list view, as follows:
- VisitorA unique session
- VisitsNumber of times the unique session visited your site
- Page ViewsNumber of times the unique session viewed the page
- SourceThe URL that brought the visitor to your website
- LocationGeographical location of the unique session (based on IP address)
- First Page ViewThe first page of the unique session
- Last Page ViewThe last page of the unique session
Visitor Activity View
The visitor activity view shows you data for a particular visitor, based on IP address for the session. Go to Content > Personalization > Visitors and click the filename for the Visitor to see an overview of data on a dashboard along with a summary of all data.
- TypeNew or Returning (based on unique IP address)
- OverviewThe visits, page views, and total time on website for the unique IP address
- IPThe IP address
- IDThe Omni CMS ID for the IP address
- SourceThe URL that brought the IP address to your website
- LocationGeographical location of the IP address
- VisitsNumber of times the IP address visited your site
- Page ViewsThe number of pages viewed by the IP address
- Last Page ViewThe last page viewed by the IP address
- First Page ViewThe first page viewed by the IP address
- BrowserThe browser that brought the IP address to your website
- Operating SystemThe operating system that brought the IP address to your website
- ResolutionThe screen resolution of the device that brought the IP address to your website
Edit dynamic contentLink to this section
Users levels 1 through 10 can edit dynamic content, as follows:
- Go to Content > Personalization.
- Click the filename for the dynamic content.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the name or content.
- Content type is not editable. To reuse dynamic content, copy and rename it.
- Click Save.
- Click Launch.
Launching will publish subscribing page(s) with the updated dynamic content. Users levels 1 through 10 can also click the More Actions menu to edit, copy, launch, or delete the dynamic content.
Copying dynamic content creates a duplicate of it. Rename the copy so it is not the same as the original and launch it to make it available for use on pages.
Deleting dynamic content removes it from every file it was added to. Deletion is a permanent action and deleted dynamic cannot be restored.