Just like pages and files, you can publish a folder to push its contents to your live website. Only level 10 users have the ability to publish a folder.
To publish a folder:
- While in Content > Pages, click a folder's More Actions menu to see the file management dropdowns.
- To publish multiple folders, select folder checkboxes and click Publish in the list header.
- Click Publish > Publish.
- Apply the following publish options to the folder(s), as appropriate:
- Include Checked-Out Files: Publish files in the folder that are checked out by any user. The files stay checked out after publishing.
- Include Files Scheduled for Publish: Publish files in the folder that are scheduled to be published. The files stay scheduled to publish after publishing.
- Include Files in Workflow: Publish files in the folder that are part of a workflow . The files remain in the workflow after publishing.
- Publish Changed Files Only: Publish files that have been modified since their last published version. This includes checked-out files and newly-created files that have never been published.
- Use Last Published Version: Don't publish files with changes in progress or unpublished pages. This can be useful if a design change or some other modification requires a republish of the folder, but you don't want to update the content.
- Exclude Binary Files: Don't publish binary files, such as images and PDFs.
- Include Unpublished Dependencies: Publish linked files that have not yet been published. This only works if dependency manager is turned on.
- Publish Target: Publish files to a different location than the live website. If your website has been set up with more than one publish target.
- Version Description: Add a description to the version history of every published file in the folder.
- Click Publish.
Once the folder publishes, you get an inbox message with the results of the publish, including any files that could not be published and why.