Recycling a file removes it from Omni CMS and from your live website, and sends it to the recycle bin, where it can be restored or permanently deleted. Users levels 8 through 10 can recycle files and users levels 1 through 7 can be given permission to recycle and view the recycle bin.
To recycle a file:
- Navigate to Content > Pages.
- Click the More Actions menu .
- Click File > Move to Recycle Bin.
- The "Move to Recycle Bin" box lists links that will break because of the recycle. Manually fix any broken links.
- Though dependency manager tracks links, it cannot fix the links listed since they point to a file that will no longer exist.
- Click Move to Recycle Bin.
To recycle multiple files, select their checkboxes and click Move to Recycle Bin in the list header.
Recycle files from the staging server to remove published versions of it from the production server. If you remove a file from the production server, republish the corresponding file on the staging server to restore the file. You cannot recycle files checked out to another user, in a workflow, or scheduled to be published.
Folders cannot be recycled, only deleted. Deleting a folder permanently deletes every file inside it and they cannot be recovered. If you want to delete a folder, first recycle every file inside it and then delete the empty folder.
Recycle BinLink to this section
Click Content > Recycle Bin to see files, their original location, who recycled them, and when. Click More Actions to Restore or Delete files.
- Restoring a file returns it to its original location on the staging server.
- Publish the file to restore it to your website.
- A restored file generates a new dependency tag and you must update the links that point to the old tag.
- Deleting a file permanently removes it from Omni CMS, with no way to bring it back.
To restore or delete multiple files, click file checkboxes and select the appropriate option from the list header.
Click Delete All to permanently deletes all files in the recycle bin.
Check your recycle bin every so often and consider cleaning out files you know you won't need to restore. Recycled files can take up large amounts of storage space and slow your Omni CMS account.
Administrators can change the location of the recycle bin in site settings.