What information do we collect from you?Link to this section
Personal information refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us that identifies you personally, including contact information such as your name, email address, phone number, company name, address, and any other information about your business or yourself. Personal information can also include information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
If you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may collect and store your contact information.
Public Posting/Shared Content
We may collect and store content that you post, share, communicate with, or otherwise transmit publicly. For example, participating in community forums, message boards, news feeds, status updates, sending messages or invitations to other users, and/or posting photos.
Technical Usage Information
When you access and/or use the Services, we may collect your technical and usage information through automated means.
How do we use the information collected?Link to this section
We may use the information collected from you for a variety of purposes, primarily relating to the proper functioning of Omni CMS. We may also use the information for such other purpose as otherwise allowed by law.
For example, we (or a supplier acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your personal information, including personally identifiable information, for the purposes of:
- improving your browsing experience by personalizing our application;
- improving our services and products (which may include the detection, prevention, and resolution of security and technical issues);
- contacting you (for example as part of customer service or to send you updates);
- researching or testing, and asking you to participate in such research or testing, about Omni CMS;
- marketing and promotion of our products;
- creating reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends;
- resolving disputes or issues; and
- any other purpose as we determine, in our sole discretion, to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, public, and/or our Services, or to comply with requirements of any applicable law.
- log in to secure areas of our website or make use of our product and services;
- allow us to recognize you and your device (for example by identifying your IP address);
- allow Omni CMS to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
- personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region); or
- recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies do not capture personally identifiable information.
This website will set several types of third-party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them.
Omni CMS utilizes Google Analytics, Matomo, and other tools to track and analyze usage data. This data does not include personally identifiable information but may include your
- IP address,
- geographical location,
- browser type,
- domain name(s),
- internet service provider (ISP),
- operating system,
- the pages and files you viewed in the product,
- length of your visit,
- access times, and
- web browser cookies.
This information is used by Modern Campus to operate and understand user behavior in our products and services so that we can continually improve them. In some cases, we do link this automatically collected data to personal information you voluntarily submitted such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
With whom do we share your information?Link to this section
We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our websites, our customers, and users of our products and/or services and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products, or services to you. Examples may include analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, and providing customer service or support. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
Modern Campus Partners
In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
How do we keep your information secure?Link to this section
The Modern Campus network has extensive protective measures in place to ensure that misuse, loss, corruption, and alteration of data does not happen. To ensure the continued security of your personal information, Modern Campus conducts periodic reviews of our security infrastructure, regularly updating our practices to meet the highest technological and data protection industry standards.
We protect unauthorized access and inappropriate use of sensitive data at both the hardware and software levels, including the use of properly configured network firewalls, Transport Layer Security (TLS), and VPN technologies for data in transit and encryption for data storage. Our products also incorporate advanced security features and methods, including encoded session identifications and dynamic data. The Modern Campus team is also committed to internal policies that dictate exactly how employees may use and access secure data.
Modern Campus does not share, distribute, print, or reference any personal information except as may be required by law. We will only view or access personal information with specific permission, as needed, to implement products and services or to resolve a support issue. However, users may elect to share such information with a third-party vendor to perform certain specific services deemed reputable and secure by Modern Campus management. Please note that each user is responsible for maintaining the security of their own email accounts and Omni CMS user credentials, including passwords.
How can you see, update, or correct your personally identifiable information?Link to this section
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please submit your request in writing. You may also ask us to modify, correct, or remove information.
What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?Link to this section
We want to make sure you are comfortable with the way we use your information and know how to change your preferences. As a Modern Campus customer, you have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to opt out, please send us an email request detailing your preferred level of contact.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, some parts of Omni CMS may not work properly.
You can also make changes to what data a third party social network or platform shares with us, or stop Omni CMS from interacting with that social network or platform, by adjusting your settings with that third party provider.
What should you know about privacy policies and data collection at any third-party sites accessible from our websites?Link to this section
Modern Campus uses several third-party solutions to deliver some capabilities within Omni CMS, as follows:
- Modern Campus uses FullStory to track and understand user behavior within Omni CMS beta and demo environments in service to improving the customer experience. Modern Campus employees engaged in the design and development of Omni CMS can see a rendering of the path the user has taken through the product.
- FullStory captures your Omni CMS username, your full name, your gravatar image, IP address and IP-based geolocation. Where possible, Modern Campus uses functionality that will blur sensitive user data so that employees cannot see it as they watch the FullStory reproductions of the users’ experiences. However, the messaging and notifications feature does not support blurring of data, so it is advised that users refrain from including sensitive or personally identifiable data within the subject or body of messages.
- Modern Campus uses UserVoice as part of the Feedback Forum to collect feedback from customers regarding product enhancements. Using UserVoice is completely optional and not a required part of the Omni CMS products or services.
- UserVoice requires users to enroll in the service. During enrollment UserVoice collects name, email address, and company name/affiliation. This information is used to enable Modern Campus employees to contact you should we need more information about the enhancement requests you submit or items that you vote on.
- Modern Campus uses Social Engine to facilitate our community network. Social Engine provides the tools we use to allow communication between Modern Campus customers.
- We collect usernames, full names, email addresses, and your company/affiliation to facilitate interactions in the community network. You may also upload a picture of yourself. We display that photo and your name to other community network participants, however, you can choose to restrict your name and/or show additional information. However, other data is not displayed, though it may be used to facilitate email notifications when you have messages in the community network. Participation in the community network is not required.
We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
How to delete your account and what happens when your account is terminated or deleted?Link to this section
If you choose to terminate your Omni CMS account, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible. Even after your account is terminated or deleted some or all of your information may still remain visible to others.
How long do we retain your personal information?Link to this section
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about our products or services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
Our Policy Concerning ChildrenLink to this section
Our website is not intended for, or targeted to, children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact our help desk so that we may delete the information.
Modification to This PolicyLink to this section
QuestionsLink to this section